DIY einbau KW V3 und MR stillegungs sats

• Guys,

I thought I saw a topic about installing a KW V3 set and installing the MR ride modules from KW, tryed the search function, cant find it?

Also is there anybody with experience concerning the settings of the KW V3 for a TTRS??

Could anybody help me, want to install the KW V3 next week, a DIY with pictures? would be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

• Hello Peet!
    Is it sure you want a KW V3 for your TT-RS?

I don't know really much details about the KW MR disableling system but as it seems to me this is a really mad solution for this problem.

That kit looks like 4 resistors with all needed cable and plugs to replace the original MR-dampers. This would simulate the electric resistance of the damper so the MR-ECU is not able to recognise that there ist no MR-damper anymore. And that is in fact bullshit! Why? OK, let's have a look. The MR-ECU is connected via CAN with with the ECU of the Engine, ESP, DSG, Headlights, Diagnosis-Gateway, steering angle sensor, Instrument cluster and so on. And it reacts actively on the actual driving behaviour of the car by regulating the damper harshness.

So if for example the ESP tells via CAN that there is any kind of abnormal driving state teh MR-ECU switches the dampers to a hard position immediatly. And it returns this state of dampers back to the CAN that the ESP is able to change its regulating mechanisms to these harder dampers. And now imagine you have those KW-Kit resistors installed and there is no real change damper harshness but the ESP thinks it should be so.

That would definitly result in a poorer adjusting and regulation quality of the driving behaviour by the ESP-system. And this is bad.

The better way is to deactivate the MR by removing the ECU, deleting its existance in the hole electric system and replace the sensors for the suspesion height to those for cars without MR to fix the loss of the automatic height-control of your headlights.

Than you have a corrected ESP behaviour as if your TT had never a MR before and you can supply your car with a sporty suspension without any fear.

The KW-Kit is only a cheap and poor solution for those dumpnuts who have no possibility and knowledge to chance the cars electrical system in a right non-MR-way to get a real professional result. This is no way recommended!

If you want to change to another suspension, please do the effort and deactivate your MR in a real professisonal way. It is better and safer and it is correct and no cheaty scrap ...

Do you want to change the suspension on your own or do you want to change it at a tuning garage?

Greetings from germany,
    Matse